Wednesday, July 25, 2007

From here to there & there to here...

Funny things are Everywhere. (a line from one of our favorite Dr. Seuss books). Funny things kids have said, interesting things I've noticed:

-- After going 3 days without my coffeemate creamer for my coffee, I finally enjoyed a reall cup of coffee with creamer? My favorite - vanilla carmel.

-- has anyone ever loaded a PEZ dispenser as an adult? Is this candy really worth it. I mean the time it takes to get them in is probably longer than it takes for them to be consumed. Things you never know your parents do for you....I'm learning alot of these lately. And I'm so thankful for all my parents did for me.

-- Today Jackson asked Travis - "Dad, were you at my birthday party?" Hello - we paid for the thing, uhh, yea! We told him, Yes, of course we were there. There wouldn't have been a blow up waterslide & hot dogs if we were'nt there. :)

-- Ok - This one is strange. I decided on recomendation of a friend that we make Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshakes (like chick-fil-a), but cheaper. So today, I asked the kids, "Hey would you like a milkshake?" Jacksons response was: "don't you rememeber I don't like those!" And Brady tried it and then "Uh, no thanks". So instead of a nice yummy, cool & refreshing milkshake in the middle of summer, my kids asked for HOT COCOA!! Go figure!

-- And one final funny kids would only say item: Jackson was asking what our dinner was called. I told him Chicken Parmigana with melted cheese over sauce & chicken. His response "Oh just like Nachos". :)

Life is Good, God is Good, and Humor Feeds the Soul.


Naps are no longer cool, but sometimes life makes ya tired and you crash on the floor.


Brady is finally comfortable on his 4-wheeler he received for his birthday.

5 comments:

John Flowers said...

Ah, Pez, that wonderful candy, they need to have an industrial engineer work on an autoloader for parents.

Good luck on the blog, looks like you're experimenting with layouts, hope you find one you like. I just set up a you tube account in order to include video on my blog as well. Now I just have to find something worthwhile to put on there

God Bless,
John

Unknown said...

lara
this is great! i am so glad you are blogging...
the fall-out nap picture is hilarious! i love it when my kids do that!
liz

Ro said...

Okay - I hate adding Pez to the dispenser. I think it is evil! I use a lot of excuses to not reload it, but Brandon is too smart for that. I try to do the entire block -o -pez at one time, but that rarely works. I need to find another one of those 8-Pack refills! Love the pics of the kids! Jackson has really matured.

Unknown said...

lara
read my blog...tag you're it!

dreamingBIGdreams said...

I do love what comes out of the mouths of kids! I also have two boys and love it!

and PS my favorite cramer is vanilla caramel and as of this morning I'm out - ugh!

nice to "meet" you - :)jamie